About Me

My photo
Hello! Thanks for joining me as a learn more about the world of American Government and Politics! Im originally from outside New York City, but decided to take my studies down to the University of Texas at Austin where my main focus is Biological Sciences. But a little politics can be fun too! According to an online test, I lean more toward a Liberal Ideology, but I believe by the end of the course I will have a much better idea of where I lie. Given the sizable political apathy of my life thus far and of my generation, its about time I took some initiative to learn more about what is going on in my country, and truly hope to discover a new interest in the current events of our government. I hope that by the end of the course I can at least participate in an intellectual conversation about politics with my family at the dinner table :). I scored about a 60% on a recent civics quiz of which the national average is about 50%, and scored 7 out of 11 on a current events quiz, which puts me above 60% of the population. Honesty, these scores are much higher than i would have guessed and certainly attribute much of it to luck. Thanks for Checking out my Blog!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The True Wish of the NOM

Gay marriage is an issue that has been making some serious headlines this past year, meaning that the strong supporters and true haters are slowly being forced to reveal themselves. In the process, the NOM (National Organization for Marriage) has organized a bus tour this summer to protest against gay marriage throughout the USA, and most recently it seems that they have taken their message to the next level.


Joe Sudbay writes in his post The Anti-Gay Agenda Exposed in Indianapolis on AMERICAblog.com about how we have been wondering what the true goal of the gay haters has been, and reveals that they are not afraid to display their support for the execution of the gay community. He describes their trip as “a bus tour of hate” consisting of them convincing people that gays are lesser humans and should not be treated equally. In the mix of the tour, signs of hanging nueces and expressions of life and death and heaven and hell have been thrown around during their protests, sparking Joe’s belief that they do indeed want gays to be executed and sent to hell as proclaimed by the bible.

Mr. Sudbay, being a DC based political consultant for over 25 years and having managed political operations for numerous candidates, has quite the resume and experience in all sorts of political issues. In my opinion, when someone of his stature writes, you know he means business. And I couldn’t agree more with his tone of disgust regarding the NOM protesters. The evidence of their hope for the execution of gays could not be expressed more clearly in their posters and words as heard in an interview with a NOM protester on site in Indianapolis which Mr. Sudbay posted next to his original post. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but these people have taken it too far as such expressions of hate will surely escalade to acts of violence.

To my satisfaction, each stop on the NOM’s tour has been met by those who protest for equality and human rights, and they usually outnumber the NOM. My stance on the issue of gay marriage is fairly obvious at this point, but I would hope that anyone, regardless of their position, is as horrified as I am at the magnitude of prejudice and hate that can persists in our country.

No comments: